249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have a valid license and registration to practice dentistry in New York Sate AND have: three years of full-time post licensure dentistry experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity in a dental health care setting.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Dentist 2 will provide professional dental care for individuals receiving services by diagnosing and treating diseases, injuries and malformations of teeth and gums. The person in this position will perform a full range of professional dental duties in connection with the treatment of dental diseases or dental health problems requiring corrective restorative or preventive measures and will be involved in dental health cases with individuals who experience challenging behaviors and/or may have communication challenges.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducting examinations of individuals teeth and surrounding oral structures utilizing x-rays, mouth mirrors and other diagnostic procedures and instruments to determine pathological or irregular conditions. Treating dental diseases, injuries and malfunctions of teeth and gums. Performing restoration of simple and compound cavities. Administering anesthetics. Performing oral surgery commensurate with professional qualifications. Performing extractions of teeth. Cleaning teeth by scaling calculus. Treating teeth, mouth and gum infections with appropriate drugs or by surgery. Maintaining written records of individuals dental treatments. Advising individuals about dental health practices. Instructing and directs paraprofessional staff in the performance of auxiliary duties. A willingness to learn and use MIPS stabilizations when treating individuals with challenging behaviors. Development of policy and procedures relating to dental department and care. Arrange in service training for dental staff. Supervision of subordinate staff. Be NYS certified in Dental Enteral Conscious Sedation or be willing to become certified. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the EOA #201231CR-1 in all correspondence.