Minimum Qualifications Must currently be a permanent, full-time Developmental Assistant 2;
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Developmental Assistant 2. If you qualify, please attach a copy
of your score from Civil Service to your Form HV-PO 161;
Developmental Assistant 1 eligible for 70.1 transfer to the Developmental Assistant 2 title (successful
candidates must have completed one year in the Developmental Assistant 1 title to apply);
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description As a Developmental Assistant 2, you will supervise and work with direct care staff to provide motivation and attend to the
personal daily living needs of individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead better lives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise direct care staff in ADL training and daily program intervention.
• Complete yearly performance evaluations on direct care staff.
• Assist administration in daily assignment of direct care staff.
• Participate in direct hands-on daily programming for individuals.
• Drive and schedule/monitor use of van.
• Assist in ordering supplies and equipment.
• Supervise housekeeping, food service and motor vehicle operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal care of individuals residing in the home will be required.
CPR, First Aid, Medication, and SCIP/PROMOTE Certification will be required by release date.
Additional Comments Please reference the EOA #20-040R in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.