99 Broad Street
Minimum Qualifications 1. Permanent service as a Nurse 2
2. Eligible to 70.1 transfer into a Nurse 2 title.
3. Open to the Public: Licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND one year of post-RN licensure clinical experience.
*Must maintain a valid New York State license and registration
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate will work as a Residential Registered Nurse II and case manage oversight of 3 IRA’s that have medical/behavioral involved individuals in Saratoga and Washington County. They will also provide oversight to a Day Program in Washington County with medically involved individuals, some of which require medications and feeding by tube.
Supervise overall individual's health care needs and working with house management to implement optimal care. Assess individuals on an ongoing basis, identifying needs and updating nursing care plans.
• Working with the house leadership to coordinate appointments for primary visits, consultant services and required tests.
• Provides oversight to individuals when hospitalized including the discharge transition.
• Ensures that medications and treatments are administered according to approved policies and regulations. Provides oversight to staff administering medications.
• Provides nursing component to the Interdisciplinary Team.
• Incident Investigation and other duties as assigned.
The Candidate must be able to perform CPR compressions on a supine individual on the floor. The Nurse demonstration of CPR compressions on the floor would ensure nurse ability to perform in worst case scenario; since we use no backboards in OPWDD.
Additional Comments Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the increased hiring salary and geographic pay differential. 71,557- Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), Increased Hiring Salary ($13,835), and Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($64,557) for PS&T Grade 16.
· A total of 5 hours deviation from the default schedule (hours before or after the regular workday).
· 4 hours a month are expected to be on a weekend day and would count toward the above deviation expectation.
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease reference EOA #20-496
interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process.
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304