75 New Scotland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications To be considered, candidates must have:
1. License and current registration to practice medicine in New York State or a New York State limited permit and licensure in another state or Canada;
2. Certification in Psychiatry issued by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) or equivalent certifying body;
3. Seven years of experience providing services to people diagnosed with mental illness, two years of which must have included supervising physicians and other clinical staff responsible for the delivery of treatment services; providing direction to staff regarding program objectives and the implementation of policy; and providing guidance to various clinical specialists.
Duties Description The Clinical Director serves as the Chief Medical Officer of CDPC. The Clinical Director is responsible for the administration, oversight, evaluation and continuous improvement of all psychiatric, medical, and contracted medical services provided by staff and consultants of the psychiatric center. The Clinical Director participates in overall executive management and strategic plan development. The Clinical Director supervises the credentialing and privileging process, and has primary responsibility for developing, updating and implementing clinical policies and procedures and together with the other members of the Executive Cabinet, ensures that CDPC is in compliance with all Office of Mental Health (OMH), Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS), The Joint Commission (TJC) and other external accrediting bodies’ standards, rules and regulations. Ultimately, the Clinical Director ensures that the clinical mission of the facility is successfully aligned with the overall mission of OMH to promote the mental health and well-being of all New Yorkers so that they can reach their ultimate goal of recovery.
Additional Comments The Capital District Psychiatric Center (CDPC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Clinical Director, Psychiatric Center. CDPC provides a full range of quality outpatient and inpatient services to adults and children covering a nine (9) county service area in Upstate New York and is a major teaching site for psychiatry for Albany Medical College. Services are delivered in a respectful, safe and caring environment with a primary focus on hope and recovery. CDPC promotes a system of care in which treatment, rehabilitation and recovery are realized through ongoing collaboration with patients, their families and the service providers within the facility’s catchment area. Emphasis is on services that are person centered, strength and evidence-based and that recognize the importance of individual preferences. For more information about CDPC, please visit the facility’s website at:
Background Investigation and Fees:
All prospective employees will be fingerprinted and undergo a complete Criminal Background Check against New York State and federal criminal history records. Candidates will also be subject to a check against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs, and the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR) maintained by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS). Candidates may be required to pay the fees associated with these background checks. Employment is contingent upon your complying with and satisfactorily meeting these background investigation requirements.
1. It is the candidate’s responsibility to clearly demonstrate how they meet the minimum qualifications. Vague or ambiguous information will not be interpreted in the candidate’s favor.
2. Continued employment is contingent upon maintaining a current New York State license or limited permit to practice medicine and maintaining eligibility for full and unconditional participation in Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare programs.
3. Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates interested in employment at this location should submit a resume by November 4, 2020 to:
Mr. Donald Deyoe
Human Resources Specialist 2
Attention: Clinical Director, Psychiatric Center - CDPC
NYS Office of Mental Health
44 Holland Avenue
Albany, NY 12229
PHONE # (518) 474-1261
FAX # (518) 402-4086
Email submission preferred
The mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.