Minimum Qualifications There are no education or experience qualifications. However, the preferred candidates should possess, at minimum, a High School diploma and possess experience in hospitality services, guest relations, room cleaning, laundry/tailoring and reception set up/break down. The ideal candidates should demonstrate knowledge, skill, demeanor and capability for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and possess a strong belief in high standards, exceptional service and first-rate quality.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the facility manager, the incumbent is responsible for a variety of duties necessary for the operation and cleanliness of the facility and its contents. These may include, but not be limited to:
• Responsible for the cleanliness and proper appearance of all clothing, linens, table clothes and napkins, drapery, sheers, uniforms, as well as, the formal and public areas of the facility.
• Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning products and tools to accomplish work.
• Operate and maintain all laundry equipment and supplies including a large laundry mangler that is available to press large items used for special events and official state functions.
• Assist in the food and beverage service at state functions as well as the set-up and break-down as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the facility manager.
The incumbent shall be hired on an “on-call” basis and will work part-time strictly upon request. The incumbent must be available to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.