Minimum Qualifications • A J.D. degree (Juris Doctorate) and a minimum of two (2) years of experience investigating and resolving allegations of discrimination or harassment.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve an issue or implement an initiative from start to finish.
• Experience on a project team and/or committee with the ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities at one time.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound judgement and a high degree of confidentiality.
• Experience working in diverse and dynamic settings—particularly in a legal, law enforcement or social services environment.
Applicants must reside in (or intend to soon become a resident of) New York State and be admitted to practice law in New York State. In addition, the Public Officers Law requires that attorneys in the Office be citizens of the United States. A two (2) year commitment upon being hired is a condition of employment.
Duties Description The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a highly collaborative individual with experience investigating and resolving discrimination and harassment complaints. The EEO Officer will work in partnership with the Executive Division, Office of General Counsel, Office of Diversity & Inclusion, and Human Resources Management Bureau to investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination and harassment in accordance with the Attorney General’s Executive Orders on the Prohibition of Discrimination in Employment and Prohibition Against Sexual Harassment and the New York State Human Rights Law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive, investigate, report out, and resolve allegations of discrimination and harassment complaints.
• Ensure allegations of discrimination and harassment are responded to quickly with a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
• In partnership with the Human Resources Management Bureau and Legal Education & Professional Development, design and lead annual agency-wide training on discrimination and harassment as well as design and lead ad hoc trainings as necessary.
• In partnership with Office of Diversity and Inclusion, make recommendations to the Executive Division and the Division of Administration to develop and realign processes with an equity lens to ensure the elimination of bias in internal OAG processes and procedures.
• Telecommuting options are available for this position, and some travel around New York State may be required (20%).
Additional Comments The anticipated salary range for this position is $79,000-$120,000. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingHOW TO APPLY:
Applications are being received online. To apply, please go to our website, https://ag.ny.gov/job-postings.
Reference No is DOA_EEOO _NYC_3297
Applicants will be taken to the online application page and must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter - You may address to Legal Recruitment.
• Most recent transcript (if less than 5-years
• List of three (3) references.
- Only submit professional (i.e., supervisor or professor)
- Indicate your professional relationship to each
- Include contact information and email addresses for
• Writing Sample
- Submit any piece of writing that demonstrates your
ability to communicate and analyze information in a
clear and concise manner, as well as your grammatical
Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your candidacy.
If you have questions about a position with the OAG, the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.