Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Medical nursing treatment as necessary
• Coordinate, schedule, participate in and follow up on all medical and dental appointments
• Order and/or reorder all medications and medical supplies weekly. Transcribe all MD orders and maintain MD orders book
• Res hab activities, ADL's, appointments, etc., as directed by house supervisor, and any other tasks assigned to a Direct Support Assistant
• Direct care duties as assigned
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process.
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.