Duties Description Report to Senior Corporate Governance Officer for Climate Change. Responsible for assisting the Bureau of Corporate Governance with the continued implementation of the New York State Common Retirement Fund’s (CRF) Climate Action Plan.
Assist Senior Corporate Governance Officers with:
• Compiling and analyzing data from corporate filings and third-party data sources.
• Conducting company-level climate transition readiness analyses by applying the CRF’s existing transition assessment framework.
• Drafting reports, presentation materials, memos, and company engagement letters.
• Engaging with companies and asset managers on climate risks.
• Monitoring key trends related to climate change and the energy transition.
• Refining the CRF’s existing transition assessment framework and adapting it to new high-impact sectors and industries.
• Assisting with research projects on Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues and proxy voting
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Strong research and analytical skills, including facility with Excel.
• Basic knowledge of the energy sector and investment risks associated with climate change.
• Familiarity with corporate filings and third-party climate data for investment analyses.
• Basic knowledge of core investment concepts, strategies, and asset classes.
• Strong oral and written communication skills to assist with letters, presentations, and proposals.
• Relevant internships in pension funds, asset management or finance industry
• High ethical standards and commitment to the fiduciary responsibilities of a public pension fund.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under supervision
• Detail-oriented working style and capacity to handle complex research projects, analyses and assessments.
• Team player who is energized by a collaborative working environment and is actively seeking learning and growth opportunities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 23, 2020. Please reference Item #08654-GOER-SAB when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.