1045 James Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Licensed Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. In addition, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State;
Licensed Psychologist is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not currently on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. To qualify, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice psychology in New York State. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume and cover letter. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
The New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions is responsible for licensure of psychologists in New York State. For information on licensure requirements and to obtain an application form, you may link to the Office of the Professions' website.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position will be part of a multidisciplinary team that conducts comprehensive developmental evaluations on young children. It will be in a clinic setting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Perform psychological assessments and evaluations using formal and informal measures.
• Complete comprehensive reports in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and collaborate with team members.
• Develop appropriate recommendations and interventions.
• Attend CPSE/CSE, or other meetings as required.
• Attend mediation meetings and Hearings as required.
• Maintain professional standards related to NYS regulations, CNYDDSOO policies, and CNYDDSOO protocols.
• Perform special projects/assignments as assigned.
• Maintain acceptable Time and Attendance Standards.
• Participate in committees as requested by Supervisor and/or Administration
• Provide coverage during Treatment Team Leader absences.
• Assist in development of policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Possess working knowledge base of OPWDD’s supports and services and other community resources.
• Attend clinical discipline meetings.
• Other assignments as requested.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
187 Northern Concourse
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1, cover letter and résumé by 11/30/2020, to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
Syracuse, NY 13212
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
Please reference the above EOA # 20-50 in all correspondence.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer