Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: Current NYS Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive status as a Public Health Field Services Representative 2 (G23); OR current NYS Department of Health employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service as a Public Health Representative 4 (G23) and eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
The candidate must be highly motivated, possess excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Preferred candidate will demonstrate experience in monitoring government contracts, working with stakeholder coalitions, facilitating large groups and/or administration of health programs, and supervision of staff. Strong computer and database skills are required.
Duties Description The Public Health Field Services Representative 2 (PHFSR2 This position serves as the lead for the Western Regional Office (WRO) immunization staff. Tasks include:
• Perform on-site assessments and inspections of Vaccines for Children (VFC) provider sites in the region and document visits in an online reporting system. Follow VFC program protocols for corrective actions, including prompt and timely notification to Bureau management of serious issues;
• Supervise, train and manage regional field staff, which includes conducting quality assurance of staff through review of completed site visit documents, and management of regional workload.
• Conduct contract management and provide technical assistance for local health department (LHD) contractors regarding improving immunization coverage and fostering collation activities.
• Train LHDs and healthcare providers on quality improvement processes, the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS), digital data loggers and vaccine storage unit temperature monitoring requirements, school immunization requirements, and other topics as identified and/or requested.
• Conduct audits in schools (K-12th) and post-secondary institutions to monitor compliance with NYS immunization laws.
• Conduct visits to birthing hospitals within region to monitor compliance with administration of Hepatitis B post-exposure prophylaxis and to provide education and technical assistance with regards to perinatal hepatitis B prevention.
• Assist in follow-up of VFC storage unit temperature excursion reports as requested.
• Participate in meetings, committees, and trainings within the Bureau of Immunization.
Additional Comments Contingent-Permanent, full-time competitive appointment. Routine travel, including occasional overnights and travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, is required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume, preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, C19/22888/PHFSR2/EPI-WRO, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395, or by email to email@example.com, with Reference Code C19/22888/PHFSR2/EPI-WRO included in subject line. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes accepted until October 22, 2020.