Minimum Qualifications Qualifications:
Formal qualifications are not filed for this position. However, the following will be considered:
- Experience in information security or related fields such as compliance or legal experience related to cybersecurity and privacy;
- Familiarity with cybersecurity and privacy regulations, and the application of common cybersecurity frameworks (such as NIST, CAT, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to manage large teams and multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders; and
- Ability to understand and clearly articulate technology risks.
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services is seeking applicants to fill the position of Deputy Superintendent of Cybersecurity Supervision in the Cybersecurity Division. The incumbent of this position will provide expertise and leadership in support of the Department’s mission to protect consumers and industry by improving cybersecurity across the financial services industry. The incumbent will lead the Department’s strategy for supervising the industry with respect to cybersecurity. Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Provides the Superintendent and the Executive Deputy Superintendent for the Cybersecurity Division with recommendations on cybersecurity and privacy regulations, guidance, and policy;
• Oversees the Information Technology (IT)-Cybersecurity examinations of the financial services industry;
• Directs the development of risk-based IT-Cybersecurity examination procedures and related training, including but not limited to those for 23 NYCRR Part 500 and cybersecurity best practices;
• Maintains engagement with other state and federal financial services regulators;
• Stays abreast of key trends and advancements in the regulation and supervision of cybersecurity in the financial services industry, and updating stakeholders and agency management periodically;
• Advises and assists other Divisions within DFS on cybersecurity;
• Assists with enforcement investigations relating to DFS’s Cybersecurity regulation; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than October 31, 2020, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box DSCS-10120) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
Please note that not all applicants may be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.