Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Administrative Assistant 1 (formerly Secretary 1); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 6 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.*
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees reachable on the Civil Service eligible list will be/have been canvassed and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility.
Duties Description This position is located within the Bureau of Internet and Technology
• Answer bureau telephone (multi-line). Respond to questions concerning policy or procedures and refer calls to appropriate staff member for technical information.
• Retrieve and respond to voicemails messages as needed.
• Review entries within NYMatters database of incoming complaints to the Internet Bureau on a daily basis to ensure there is not a backlog in the system.
• Open, review, sort, and distribute incoming mail, packages, and faxes.
• Prepare and mail draft correspondence and other documents to complainants.
• Assemble packages of legal documents and arrange for them to be mailed by either overnight service, fax, or prepared for electronic filing/electronic service, or personally served.
• Arrange for the archiving and retrieval of materials from the NYS Archives.
• Make travel arrangements including lodging and transportation. Process travel vouchers, purchase requests, and time records.
• Design, set up, and maintain files and databases for various bureau and staff records.
• Search for requested material and periodically purge obsolete material for storage in records center or for disposal.
• Coordinate, manage and review print shop projects (large-scale scanning, copying, printing, etc.).
• Maintain and order supplies for bureau; including scheduling service visits for office equipment.
• Schedule appointments, conference room reservations, and register and record visitors to the Bureau.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Location pay of $3,026 is added to base pay.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org - Please include vacancy ID number #82870 in the subject line. Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications.