Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
An Associate’s degree* in English, Communications, or Marketing; focus on digital media preferred and two years of specialized experience as indicated below.
A Bachelor’s degree* in English, Communications, or Marketing; focus on digital media preferred.
Four years of specialized experience as indicated below.
Specialized Experience: copywriter or related role including web content creation; using SEO (Search Engine Optimization); and knowledge of online content strategy and creation.
A writing assignment will be required prior to interview.
*Degree must be awarded by a college or university accredited by a regional, national, or specialized agency recognized as an accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education/U.S. Secretary of Education. If your degree was awarded by an educational institution outside the United States or its territories, you must provide independent verification of equivalency.
• Experience working with Drupal
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations
• Collaborative spirit
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
As a Project Assistant in the Communications Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice on multiple different topics;
• Work with graphic designers, program level staff and other communications professionals to research, create and edit content;
• Edit and proofread copy as needed;
• Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach;
• Build pages in content management system (training will be provided);
• Assist with tracking and project management as needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should email a resume, and cover letter which clearly demonstrate how they meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If meeting the degree minimum qualification provide a copy of your unofficial transcripts, equivalency documentation, and/or degree showing receipt of Associates or Bachelor’s Degree to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #82880 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application.