State Office Campus, Building 12
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Please note that Keyboarding proficiency is a minimum requirement of this position. Candidates who have not previously held a keyboarding title must pass a 5-minute typing session and must achieve a speed of 30 words per minute (WPM) with at least 96% accuracy in order to meet the NYS DCS keyboarding standard.
Must be able to multi-task with a high volume workload.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
As an Hourly Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding) in the Division of Labor Standards, the Incumbent’s duties will include:
• Data entry;
• Math or calculations;
• Mail, supply, and inventory-related tasks;
• Keyboarding and other document preparation tasks;
• Answering telephones and assisting customers by telephone;
• Completing forms;
• Creating or assisting in the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, tables and other related activities.
• This work is accomplished in accordance with applicable procedures, rules, regulations, and laws.
• Also, may act as a personal secretary to a District Supervisor
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID# 82887 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application.