P.O Box 280507
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Nurse 2 title.
Open Competitive Minimum Qualifications
Nurse 2: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
Please Note: This position may also be filled at the Nurse 1 level. In order to qualify for appointment at the Nurse 1 level, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the examination for such license. You must obtain your NYS license within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to remove you from the position. If appointed at the Nurse 1 level, candidates will be automatically advanced to the Nurse 2 level once they have completed one year of satisfactory service.
Must be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law by having one year of permanent service in an approved title for transfer; or be in a comparable title and eligible for Section 70.4 transfer.
Nurse 1 and Nurse 2 are filled via a continuous recruitment examination. Information about this examination can be found on the Department of Civil Service's Website at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/nursing/
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in nursing activities, including the preparation, evaluation and implementation of nursing care plans to insure quality patient care and the development of staff. Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, actives of daily living, and the treatment and prevention of illness.
• Act as health liaison with medical consultants.
• Coordinate and schedule medical follow-up, including completion of consultations.
• Provide first aid and emergency nursing care.
• Provide supervision to the LPN’s and the direct care staff on medical issues.
• Responsible for development and oversight of Nursing Plans of Service as assigned.
• Responsible to train staff at the IRA on these Nursing Plans of Service on an ongoing basis as needed.
• Monitor and order pharmaceutical supplies for each individual.
• Responsible for training staff in current nursing policy and procedures, individualized specific medical issues and treatments, medication administration (and recertification), and ensuring compliance through oversight and record reviews
• Meet documentation requirement i.e. obtaining & transcribing physicians’ orders, daily nursing note, semi-annual nursing summaries, health charts, medication regimen reviews and case review summaries.
• Attend team reviews and present information, as needed.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
Please note that starting salary for Nurse 1 and Nurse 2 titles includes Geographic Pay Differential, Increased Hiring salary and Downstate Adjustment.
Nurse 2: $70,982 - $80,454 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), Increased Hiring Salary ($4,363), Geographic Differential ($12,871) and Downstate Adjustment ($3,026). Geographic Differential and Downstate Adjustment added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16.
Nurse 1: $66,993 - $73,925 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455), Geographic Differential ($12,871), Increased Hiring Salary ($5,641) and Downstate Adjustment ($3,026). Geographic Differential and Downstate Adjustment added to the job rate ($58,028) for the PS&T Grade 14.
Additional compensation may apply based on the shift assignment.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter and résumé by July 31, 2021. Please reference the Nurse 1 or Nurse 2 title in all correspondence.
Coverage is 24/7. Shifts vary.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and can perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.