Minimum Qualifications Non-Competitive: One year of trade experience subsequent to the completion of an apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience such as that required for a Carpenter, Construction Equipment Mechanic, Electrician, Electronic Equipment Mechanic, General Mechanic, Grounds Construction Supervisor, Locksmith, Machinist, Mason and Plasterer, Motor Equipment Mechanic, Painter, Plumber and Steamfitter, Refrigeration Mechanic, Roofer and Tinsmith, or Welder.
Duties Description Position Summary:
Supervises and coordinates the activities of skilled and semi-skilled employees and other workers engaged in performing maintenance, preventative maintenance and inspections throughout the entire campus. Develops and maintains quality assurance programs on work performed by their staff. This is a working supervisor position and performs skilled trades’ tasks in a variety of the trades, as well as working with internal and external stake holders to ensure good communication.
• Supervises a number of semi-skilled and skilled trades employees.
• Prepares employees evaluations.
• Inspects employees quality of work.
• Coordinates design proposals and work schedules with internal and external customers.
• Prepares scope and specification writings for projects (e.g. materials and bid proposals).
• Uses Microsoft Project and other computer systems:
o Prepares project plans
o Tracks time and materials.
• Ensures the timely completion of projects:
o Coordinates activities and resources.
o Meets routinely with other Facilities and Planning leaders and supervisors.
• Possession of a valid New York State Driver License, Class D or above (other than a motorcycle license); this will be verified through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
• Asbestos Abatement Supervisor Certification (must be obtained within six months).
• Has a working knowledge of health and safety procedures related to the work performed by their employees.
• Works well in a diverse and team-oriented environment.
• Answers after hour calls.
• Willingness to do overtime as needed.
• Possesses excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and work order systems.
Demonstrated knowledge of applicable agency standards, and of appropriate building and construction code regulations.
Demonstrated ability to accurately plan and schedule work, including determining staff, equipment and supplies needed.
Demonstrated ability to read, prepare and interpret simple plans, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
Ability to make standard arithmetic computations to calculate the required material.
Ability to understand and provide, and carry out clear verbal and written instructions.
Knowledge, experience and project management of multiple trades.
Prior successful supervisory experience and/or training.
Related experience in a similar institution.
Additional Comments How to Apply: Please submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references, one being a current or most recent supervisor, at jobs.brockport.edu by October 25, 2020.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your application, cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references, one being a current or most recent supervisor, at jobs.brockport.edu by October 25, 2020.