Concourse, Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in public relations, social media, and digital communications. Associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Social Media, Digital Communications or similar degrees can substitute for two, four, or five years.
• Experience with disseminating complex government processes and transactions for online usability and comprehension, including topics such as human resources, procurement, contracting, finance, licensing, or regulations.
• Proven ability to write for varied audiences using plain language standards.
• Experience in Website content authoring and editing in Drupal content management system.
• Knowledge of User Experience (UX) design principles and methods.
• Proficiency in Google website analytics.
• Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud applications including InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro.
• Expertise in using social media applications for government communications, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and social media management platforms such as Hootsuite.
• Though not required, bilingual candidates who meet the minimum qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
Duties Description On behalf of the NYS Office of Information Technology Services (ITS), the NYS Office of General Services (OGS) seeks a creative professional to serve as Digital Specialist.
The Project Assistant will function as Digital Specialist within the Digital Services team to assist in managing online communications. The Specialist will work as part of a team to provide content strategies for project-based website, applications, or social media communications. This position will require routine evening and weekend work, as well as some travel on occasion.
Duties will include:
• Respond to high-priority website content requests that require quick-turnarounds.
• Post content such as: press releases, video, photos, translations, schedules and events; and perform web edits through Drupal Content Management System.
• Consult with program staff for all online communications needs, including new or revised web content, social media, and online documents and forms.
• Draft and structure website content in a clear and presentable way that enables website visitors to find what they need.
• Monitor online information for accuracy and timeliness.
• Assist with facilitated user experience design activities, such as user research and user testing.
• Monitor Google Analytics daily; build analytics reports that provide valuable insights on website visitors and help shape and improve website content strategy.
• Develop content for email and social media campaigns; manage and schedule social media posts through agency channels.
• Identify and coordinate appropriate media needs for digital initiatives, including graphics, photography, and video in conjunction with functional teams.
• Leverage social media analytics, such as Facebook Insights or Hootsuite, to measure the effectiveness of social content and boost engagement.
• Create accessible forms and documents for online use, including fillable PDFs, tagged instructions or guidelines.
Additional Comments New York State is an equal opportunity employer. Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
26th Floor, Corning Tower