Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the Business Systems Analyst 1 or appropriate Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS employee eligible for transfer under Sections 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law. Depending on qualifications, candidate may be required to serve a 2 year traineeship that leads to a journey level grade 18 position.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 qualifying title.
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 qualifying title.
One year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-11 or higher, possess a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following acceptable educational practices and have standing on the PATT or Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible lists.
Duties Description Provide support for existing business processes and systems in all functional areas of the Retirement System
· Work with stakeholders to support existing business processes and system components
· Document and categorize existing business processes.
· Work directly with operational bureau managers and staff in order to design and implement timely and effective solutions required to maintain existing functionality.
Assist in business process analysis activities
· Validating requirements throughout the business analysis process.
· Assisting in developing, communicating and maintaining methodology and standards to promote and institutionalize a consistent approach to business analysis.
Assist in business process design activities
· Assisting with the identification and documentation of the scope of business process changes or enhancements required by procedural changes or by changes to federal or State laws and statutes.
· Composing and reviewing business system documentation.
· Assisting with the communication of business process and system requirements to IT staff and other stakeholders.
Assist in supporting system development activities
· Assisting with the development of the desired future of those processes including creating narratives and process models.
Assist in user testing activities
· Participate in user testing to assure the functionality is working properly.
Assist in system deployment activities
· Participate in reviewing and analyzing business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation.
Leadership and teamwork
· Project a positive outlook and attitude.
· Be flexible and receptive to new assignments based on evolving business needs, system capabilities and resource availability.
· Be collaborative and cooperative.
· Embrace ownership of business activities and be accountable for effectively performing the duties associated with that ownership role.
· Maintain an environment that fosters and supports creative solutions and continuous improvement.
· Maintain a working environment that is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a competent and highly motivated workforce.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
· Strong interpersonal skills, particularly verbal and written communication.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Experience working with an enterprise system such as PeopleSoft.
· Strong Knowledge of business analysis, techniques and tools.
· Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Ability to interact and work well with technical and business staff.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 2, 2020. Please reference Item # 01821(3)-GOER-JAM when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.