Minimum Qualifications EITHER: 1) Reachable on the Civil Service eligible list; OR 2) Eligible for reassignment by virtue of having permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 2-Programming (SG-18); OR 3) Eligible for transfer under the provisions of the Civil Service Law by virtue of having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title.
• At least one year of experience developing in VB.NET, .NET, C-Sharp or R programming
• Knowledge of the Investments Industry, including public/private equities, fixed income, real estate, front/middle/back office functions.
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with database design schemes and data modeling
• Experience in application analysis, development and/or support for third party applications
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
The Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming) will work in a team environment developing new applications and maintaining existing applications. They may be responsible for supporting related third party software and other toolkits, as well as working with end-users to define the project requirements for analysis and design of solutions. As a part of a project team, the Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming) will perform a full range of activities including: Systems Analysis and Design; Application Programming Development; Unit, Systems and Acceptance testing; and Systems implementation and maintenance. This position will be assigned to the Investments Developer team.
The duties for the Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming) include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate as a team member on a variety of projects including determination of time frames for assigned tasks, completing assigned tasks, assisting in unit and system testing and post-implementation support of the system
• Assist in the analysis of user requirements such as information gathering, participating in requirements interviews, documenting existing systems and processes, documenting requirements and developing detailed specifications
• Program and provide technical support for application modules and various implementation phases of application systems. This will include coding, testing, installation and documentation of the system’s functions.
• Participate in discussions of the definition, design and construction of processes/structures to support project requirements
• Ensure that system development and support projects adhere to application development standards and procedures, standard configurations and policies dictated by the New York State Teachers’ Retirement System
• Provide support, troubleshooting and maintenance of assigned systems to ensure that New York State Teachers’ Retirement System staff can utilize applications in an efficient and timely manner
• Collaborate on information in a team environment in order to communicate goals, objectives and knowledge
• Assist with project planning including task estimates
• Code, test and implement applications in a team environment
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.