Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS employee eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law. Depending on qualifications, candidates may be required to serve a 2-year traineeship that leads to the journey level, grade 18 position.
To be eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to grade 16 or higher.
To be eligible for transfer under Section 70.4, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to grade 11 or higher, possess a bachelor’s degree; and have standing on the Professional Careers Opportunities (PCO) list or the Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) list.
To be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title that has been deemed transferable by the Department of Civil Service.
55B/C eligible candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Duties Description Under the supervision of the Training Specialist 2, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Present a Variety of Training Curricula (technical and non-technical) for Delivery in the Classroom, On-line, and One-on-One:
· Makes arrangements for training courses including scheduling classroom space, setting up classroom, obtaining required equipment, material and supplies, etc.
· Prepares curriculum for and delivers virtual training utilizing WebEx or MS Teams
· Prepares lesson plans for those courses conducted personally.
· Presents ideas, concepts, and factual information to trainees in a classroom setting orally and by the use of training aids.
· Replies to questions from trainees regarding material presented.
· Evaluates training course through the use of questionnaires, review of work reports or supervisory evaluation.
· Travel to regional offices or other offsite locations as needed.
Identify Training Needs and Develop Curricula Using a Variety of Delivery Methods:
· Identifies specific training needs by reviewing agency programs and by discussing staff and program requirements with program managers.
· Develops a training program to meet identified needs by determining course content and method of presentation and obtaining training materials. This could include classroom, virtual, and/or online training, such as using Lectora software to create training or offering virtual training via WebEx or MS Teams.
Co-chairs Training Unit Initiatives (Employee Development Week (EDW), Bring Your Child to Work Day):
· Develops and implements a project plan to ensure EDW objectives will be met.
· Leads a cross –section of employees to participate on team and implement plan.
· Finalizes training courses to be presented.
· Disseminates EDW training information to all OSC staff through a various communication channels.
· Evaluates individual training courses and overall program presented through the use of class questionnaires, end-of-event surveys and one-one-one feedback.
Other Tasks Assigned As Needed:
· Answers users about the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) questions as appropriate.
· Maintains training records and provide reports in SLMS when necessary
· Updates training manuals as needed.
· Streamlines training work processes as identified.
· Provides research on training topics, software and products as n
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to prepare, understand and interpret written materials, and design and present curricular to internal and external customers.
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of staff both over the telephone and in-person.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively, in a team environment.
· Experience working successfully in a deadline driven environment where accuracy and attention to detail is required.
· Experience providing operational assistance and support, over the phone and in person, regarding program specific process and procedures in a "How to" manner.
· Experience working with Word and Excel.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than November 02, 2020 . Please reference Item # 08154-GOER-JFP when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.