Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in nursing or other health related profession and possession of a license and current registration to practice nursing in New York State and nine years of post-licensure nursing experience including:
1. Three years as the Director of Nursing (DON) for a 100+ bed skilled nursing facility with responsibility for the development and implementation of a facility-wide quality assurance program; or
2. Two years as a DON as stated above and one year of experience working for a federal or State agency or recognized accreditation organization monitoring facilities for compliance with governmental laws and regulations or accreditation standards.
A master's degree in nursing may be substituted for an additional year of the general nursing experience.
• Master’s in Science in Nursing or related degree
• Strong clinical background and knowledge of Nursing Home clinical operations
• At least 10 years of post-licensure nursing in a long-term care
• 5 years of experience as a Director of Nursing in a facility of
150 beds or more
• Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator
• Experience designing, implementing and monitoring
performance improvement projects
• Experience designing, implementing and monitoring infection
Duties Description As Health Institutions Clinical Director you would provide oversight of the clinical standards for the four State-operated Veterans Homes and Helen Hayes Hospital including monitoring levels and skill mix of clinical staffing
at the five facilities. You would work collaboratively with facility clinical
staff including the Directors of Nursing in the development and
implementation of new policies and procedures. You would be
responsible for monitoring and directing quality assurance activities,
survey results, and plans of correction. You would monitor the methods
and accuracy of clinical recordkeeping including Patient Review
Instrument and Minimum Data Set submissions and would also develop
the clinical component of new facility program initiatives.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter and resume, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to (518)473-3395 with
Reference Code DL/HICD/03343 included in the subject line. Or mail to NYS DOH, Human Resources Management Group, DL/HICD/03343, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012. Failure to
include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in a delay in processing your application. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.