Office of Grants Finance
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree AND two years of professional experience in any of the following areas: grant management, program management, accounting, data management, or finance. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of qualifying experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; and
• Previous professional experience in a local/state government finance office.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Chief Financial Officer is seeking candidates for two Project Assistant positions within the Office of Grants Finance. Under the supervision of the Project Assistant, salary grade 23, the incumbents of these positions will assist with the processing, review, and payment of the CARES Act grant programs. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Complete fiscal transactions in the Department’s internal grant processing system (CAFÉ) and the Statewide Financial System (SFS) related to grants and/or grant contracts;
• Complete monthly reconciliation of all CARES Act grant programs between CAFÉ and the SFS;
• Assist with federal reporting to ensure compliance with the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA);
• Conduct second level review of CARES Act Budgets, Budget Amendments, and Final Expenditure Reports;
• Facilitate clear and timely communication among internal and external grant stakeholders via email, phone, videoconference, mail, and in-person;
• Monitor cash expenditures and disbursements in the Department’s internal grant processing system (CAFÉ), the Statewide Financial System (SFS), and the federal Department of Education’s grant management system (G5);
• Generate, analyze, and tabulate data for reporting related to CARES Act grant programs;
• Review work of lower level staff for accuracy and grant regulation compliance; and
• Perform other administrative duties, as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: These will be temporary appointments. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and work history will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to OMSJOBS@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-483/51525, 51526) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to OMSJOBS@nysed.gov (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-483/51525, 51526) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.