Minimum Qualifications Promotional: Currently reachable on appropriate New York State Department of Civil Service eligible list.; or
Transfer (reassignment): Eligible for transfer via section 70.1 Civil Service Law.; or
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is no valid eligible list, applicants meeting the following minimum qualifications may be considered for provisional appointment: One year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Licensed Psychologist, SG-25 or two years as a Psychologist 2, SG-23 or Associate Psychologist, SG-23.
Non-Competitive Promotion (NCP): If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at is discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Duties Description Position Pending Division of Budget Approval
LOCATION: Capital District DDSOO
Office location may be one of the following:
• 30 North Russell Road, Albany NY
• 433 River Street, Suite 201, Troy NY
• 3 Care Lane, Saratoga Springs, NY
• 500 Balltown Road, Schenectady NY
SHIFT: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Saturday/Sunday/evening work occasionally as needed for supervisory duties.
Participates in after-hours coverage rotations for emergent events, i.e. sign-outs, end of life care and/or administrator on duty.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Principal Psychologist clinically supervises and manages the activities of the licensed, doctoral and master’s level psychologists in the Capital District Developmental Disabilities State Operations Office and provides extensive regulatorily required supervisory and evaluation services. The incumbent also provides a full range of psychological services, training, and consultation services to clinical teams, direct support staff, and individuals as needed.
• Provides technical assistance and direction, and reviews/approves legally required documentation
• Provides immediate legally required supervision and ongoing training for psychologists from the trainee to doctoral level as well as direct support staff members
• Participates as a legally required licensed psychologist on the Behavior Review Committee which reviews behavior support plans, behavior analysis plans, and all restrictive interventions.
• Conducts legally required evaluations, including cognitive, developmental, guardianship competency, risk, suitability and all other forensic or clinical assessments
• Participates in other local committees as needed such as local risk management, special review committee, etc.
• Samples and reviews management of cases, assignments, case problems, issues and methods of treatment by treatment team staff
• Consults with managers regarding issues specific to state operations, voluntary provider issues
• Plans and implements legally required initial trainings for both psychologists and direct support staff members
• Attends court proceedings and testifies as legally required
• Assists with the completion of second and/or third step reviews to determine OPWDD eligibility
• Participates as needed in after-hours coverage rotations for emergent needs such as end of life care, sign-outs, or administrator on duty.
• Assists in legally mandated tracking of behavioral data
• Assists in the training, implementation and ongoing utilization of the Electronic Health Record
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail email@example.com if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.