Minimum Qualifications There are no education or experience qualifications for this class. Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description Under the supervision of the Head Grounds Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible to perform gardening and general maintenance tasks.
• Perform seasonal grounds maintenance.
• Mow, edge, irrigate and apply fertilizers and pesticides to turf area.
• Clean grounds by sweeping, raking, shoveling or the removal by hand of debris, leaves, branches, etc.
• Remove snow and ice from walkways and driveways by shoveling or operating motorized snow removal equipment.
• Maintain in-ground swimming pools.
• Maintain tennis court.
• Maintain floral areas, shrub beds, hedges, and trees.
• Clear the site and prepare the ground for planting by raking, tilling the soil, adding mulch and/or fertilizer and shoveling.
• Plant seeds, flowers, and various ground covers, bushes and/or trees using various hand tools and machines.
• Prune flowers, ground covers bushes and trees; transplant bushes and trees; remove dead plants and maintain weed control.
• Plant and transplant seedlings.
• Plant and maintain foliage.
• Prepare potting soils used in planting.
• Unload supplies used in poolhouse, storing them properly for use later.
• Assist with public events, official state receptions and special functions held throughout the year.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.