629 North Chodikee Lake Road
Duties Description 1. Washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside or outside of buildings using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning implements.
2. Collects, transports, and disposes of medical waste or spoiled linens in accordance with cleaning procedures.
3. Cleans blood spills and bodily fluids, including urine, vomit, and feces.
4. Strips and waxes floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets; and dusts assigned areas using manual or mechanical equipment.
5. Cleans and scrubs all areas of lavatories and locker rooms, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, showers, shower walls and drains, tile floors, and locker room common areas.
6. Replaces light bulbs, dusts or washes light fixtures and high places such as ceilings using ladders and scaffolds.
7. Cleans and polishes furniture, metal fixtures, and equipment.
8. Removes hazardous articles on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places.
9. Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning activities, or sets up for meetings or special events.
10. Empties trash, recyclables, and waste, in accordance with cleaning schedule.
11. Assembles cleaning cart to conform to assigned cleaning duties, and mixes and properly dilutes cleaning solutions in accordance with manufacturer directions.
12. Wears appropriate protective clothing, and other specialized protective equipment as required by the cleaning assignments.
13. Checks supplies and equipment functioning, and notifies supervisor of low supply levels, equipment malfunction, and building maintenance issues disinfectant processes that must be followed to minimize the spread of infection noted during cleaning.
14. May be assigned to remove snow and salt walkways; clean sidewalks, yards, and drives; and mows lawns with manual or mechanical equipment.
15. Assigned to clean facilities that require a high degree of cleanliness
Additional Comments Position is pending DOB approval.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. OCFS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. OCFS is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity. It is the policy of OCFS to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the position for which they are applying or for which they are employed. OCFS does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under title I of the ADA.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
52 Washington Street, 231 North
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should e-mail their resume and letter of interest to email@example.com You MUST include the Vacancy number of the position in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify you for the position when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by OCFS Personnel for your social security number to confirm your employment history.