Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as ITS 4 (Data Comm), G-25 or in a position deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law or in a title designated appropriate for Section 52.6 transfer of the Civil Service Law such as ITS 3 (Data comm), G-23. Candidates reachable on the eligible list for this title will be canvassed and do not need to apply.
Duties Description The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an Information Technology Specialist 4 (Data Communications) to manage the Data Communications unit of the Information Technology Operations and Infrastructure section. The incumbent will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and support of department network equipment and infrastructure supporting the LAN, WAN, firewalls, cloud networks, wireless, VOIP, and video conferencing. The incumbent will help guide modernization initiatives for the core network and communications platform.
• Maintain, support, monitor LAN and WAN network infrastructure for all OAG locations.
• Maintain, support, monitor cloud networks in Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
• Maintain, support Cisco Meraki Wireless network infrastructure for all OAG locations.
• Maintain, support Cisco ASA and Firepower firewall security and VPN configurations.
• Provide support for network systems and troubleshoot performance and data issues.
• Review and maintain security policies for networking infrastructure and equipment.
• Create documentation and diagrams of networking architecture and infrastructure.
• Supervision of ITS-3 staff and/or contracted consultants.
• Delegation of tasks to subordinate staff and the testing/verification of task completion and correctness.
• Develop and implement test plans for new equipment and designs.
• Review and support circuit inventories, billing and maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with Cisco Unified Communications (VOIP & Video Conferencing).
• Experience with Cisco Webex.
• Experience with Cisco Firepower.
• Experience with Cisco Meraki Wireless.
• Experience with cloud networking.
• Experience supporting end-users in a help desk or similar user support role.
• Experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls.
• Experience with DNS, DHCP and IPAM.
• Experience with network switches and routers.
• Experience with network monitoring tools and troubleshooting networking issues.
• Experience managing one or more staff.
• Experience with Service Now modules, including change control, incident management and requests.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.