998 Crooked Hill Road
Minimum Qualifications Current permanent status as an Office Assistant 1 and qualified for lateral transfer ~OR~ Eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law* ~OR~ Reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list*~
**Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
*Candidate will have to compete in a five-minute typing performance test, typing at the rate of at least 35 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy, or provide acceptable documentation/proof of this typing proficiency within the past five years.
**This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting.
*Candidate will have to pass a five-minute typing performance test, typing at the rate of at least 35 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy, or provide acceptable documentation/proof of this typing proficiency within the past five years.
Duties Description Incumbent will work directly within the Addiction Treatment Center as clerical support. Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare correspondence, documents, and other written material in final or draft.
• Prepare standard reports by accessing databases and formatting required data.
• Prepare monthly progress reports; scanning and faxing documents.
• Maintain equipment and resolve routine problems with equipment and system.
• Maintain manual and automated files of correspondence, documents, and material.
• Receive incoming mail, open, sort, log, and give to supervisor or distribute to staff, and transmit and receive electronic mail.
• Answer telephones, respond to standard inquiries concerning program activities and procedures, and refer more technical questions to appropriate staff.
• Maintain file room, manage document storage both electronically and hard copies
• Maintain calendars as required and make travel arrangements.
• Schedule meetings, arrange logistics, and prepare, assemble and coordinate background materials for meetings.
• Maintain inventory and requisition of office supplies.
• Use of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. is expected
• Other relevant job duties as assigned
Additional Comments * Plus location pay $3,026.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
CK Post ATC is a tobacco free facility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue