Minimum Qualifications Education level required: Associates Degree or Secretarial Business School graduate (or other relevant area)
Equivalent experience required: 5+ years’ administrative experience and working with senior executives
Knowledge Required: Excellent calendar management and prep skills; Excellent organization and telephone skills; supervisory skills desirable.
Excellent computer knowledge and skills: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel); Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Perform the daily administrative and program functions of the division, including supervising office administrative staff to ensure the efficient functioning of the department. Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external matters pertaining to the EVP and other department leadership, as assigned.
Maintain Executive Vice President’s extremely active calendar in connection to appointments, meetings, conference calls and trainings.
• Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential. Use professional discretion.
• Screen and manage all phone calls and messages, including direction to appropriate parties, prioritization, and the immediate handling of time-sensitive calls. Provide hospitality to all guest and help to create a welcome environment.
• Handle all scheduling matters in advance: confirm meetings and conference calls, reserve meeting rooms, resolve scheduling conflicts, monitor schedule changes, provide meeting reminders and updates, ensure all necessary materials are available prior to meeting.
? Make travel arrangements and ensure that all travel documents are in order and available as needed.
Receive, review and submit payment authorization forms, business meal authorization expense reports, pre-travel requests, mileage forms, tax exemption forms, petty cash, purchase requests, and shipping receipts.
• Handle document preparation, spreadsheets, coordination and production. Prepare presentation materials, including PowerPoint, as needed.
• Coordinate with other departments across ESD Corp. and DED as needed to ensure proper handling of paperwork, timely payment of invoices and other policy and procedural tasks as needed.
• Coordinate with the preparation, proofreading, production and distribution of reports, agendas, presentations and other documents as needed. Attention to detail.
• Answer telephones in a professional and courteous manner, taking accurate and detailed phone messages, respond to general inquiries and refer callers to appropriate person or department.
• Maintain meeting notes. Ensure presentation materials are complete, in order and available in advance of meeting. Ensure materials for meetings are set up as appropriate.
• Be a great multi-tasker, priorities task, manage complex projects and maintain confidential files.
• Process and distribute daily mail and provide oversight to department administrative support staff.
• Work on special projects as assigned by Executive Vice President or assigned dept. leadership.
• Act as a liaison and work cohesively with other Executive Directors in supporting department related projects.
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.