Albany Central Office
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Employees of ACCES-VR who are currently in a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position and are interested in transferring to a location indicated on this flyer MUST apply for the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services –Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking to fill a Senior Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor position in the Albany Central Office. This incumbent of this position will report directly to the Quality Assurance (QA)/Monitoring Unit. Duties of these positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate and/or lead district office and statewide case reviews, monitor for data accuracy, and monitor that services are provided in compliance with federal and state regulation, ACCES-VR policy and procedure and NYS purchasing requirements with an estimated 6 reviews completed per year;
• Identify trends based on case review findings and regional or statewide issues, conduct risk assessments, identify need for updated or additional internal controls and make recommendations;
• Conduct reviews of vendors and community rehabilitation agencies providing Core Rehabilitation Services (CRS) including Work Readiness, Supported Employment (SE), SE Extended for Youth and Pre-ETS, as well as Potentially Eligible Pre-ETS providers, Commercial Driver Training schools and other providers as needed;
• Provide technical assistance to providers, approve corrective action plans and monitor that plans are successfully implemented;
• Represent QA/Monitoring Unit as assigned liaison to four (4) district offices, Albany, Malone, Mid-Hudson and White Plains, to obtain district office input;
• Identify issues and vendors in need of review, share information, facilitate quality improvement, follow up on corrective action plans, and provide technical assistance;
• Respond to complaint calls received from participants;
• Work collaboratively on a QA team to assist with the provision and management of ACCES-VR’s due-process program;
• Develop and maintain working relationships with Office of Counsel, NYSDRA, DRNY, and Impartial Hearing Officers;
• Work collaboratively with other Units in ACCES-VR; and
• Other assignments as appropriate and needed.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. This position requires extensive statewide travel (25% of assignment).
*Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 23, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email submissions are preferred.) You must include the Box number (ACS-2509/40284) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 23, 2021 to email@example.com. (Email submissions are preferred.) You must include the Box number (ACS-2509/40284) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.