Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for 20-786.
55 b/c Appointment: Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements of the Governor's Program to Hire Individuals and Veterans with Disabilities as described in Civil Service Law § 55b/c. Information about this program can be found here: https://www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer via Sections 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/.
Please note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (DFS) is seeking candidates for the position of Information Technology Specialist 1 in its Information Technology Unit. The incumbent will be assigned to Information Technology Help Desk. The position will be responsible for triaging and assisting with lower level requests for assistance by DFS staff and employees, and referring more complex issues to their supervisor for resolution. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides IT help desk customer service related to laptops, mobile devices, and other technology and communication devices for staff assigned to the Department;
• Installs, configures or customizes software and ensuring that the configuration meets system requirements and user/Business Unit needs;
• Runs diagnostic software to ensure that equipment operates properly and takes appropriate corrective action when required;
• Provides initial troubleshooting support regarding technology and communication devices for staff assigned to the Department and escalate issues when necessary;
• Tests fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved, and performs post-resolution follow ups to help requests;
• Ensures that repair and preventative maintenance procedures are followed for the Department’s hardware and software, workstations, printers, peripherals, etc.;
• Provides Audio-Visual equipment technical support, including support for Video Conference connections and teleconferencing bridges;
• Maintains and updates software on technology and communication devices for staff assigned to the Department, including anti-virus software and ensures that virus definitions are up-to-date;
• Creates templates/reports/publishing materials, performs intranet website updates and development, data receipt and storage, and database programming with regard to help desk operations; and
• Compiles reports on information technology issues concerning help desk tickets and resolutions, defective/damaged IT equipment, warehoused IT equipment, lost/stolen technology and communication devices, numbers and types of user licenses, error reports, etc.
• Two years’ experience in IT Service Desk and/or call center with a ticketing system.
• Strong technical knowledge of PC, desktop hardware, remote technical support tools, MS Windows 10 and Microsoft O365.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 22, 2021 to the email address listed below. Please include the Box # (Box 04105) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.