Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as a Program Aide and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as a Program Aide (previously Administrative Aide or Agency Program Aide); OR New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status in a position allocated to a Grade 11 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees reachable on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
The Program Aide provides substantive professional, technical, and administrative support to the OGS Business Service Center (BSC) Service Lines. The candidate works directly with office staff and management to ensure all administrative tasks are efficiently handled. The incumbents of the requested positions will perform a variety of duties in relation to processing HR transactions. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise clerical staff, lead daily “huddles” for team members and assign work as appropriate;
• Conduct both written and telephone communications and prepare correspondence to customers, personnel liaisons, and program administrators in response to their questions and requests;
• Provide administrative support to all Business Services Center Human Resources teams, including coordinating responses to HR wide inquiries, serving as the liaison between BSC HR and support on FOIL requests and Red Kit updates, scheduling meetings and preparing agendas for HR teams, preparing recommendations for appointments for selected candidates and coordinating and updating the HR project assignment tracker;
• Give advice and assistance in the performance of tasks related to the assigned service line;
• Consistently provide quality customer service to all Business Service Center customers (i.e., customer agencies, state employees, personnel liaisons, etc.);
• Acting as liaison to identify and resolve system issues;
• Problem solving staff’s issues;
• Opening help desk tickets, monitoring, and following up as needed;
• Coordinating testing of program enhancements;
• Utilizing knowledge of Excel and other computer skills to analyze data;
• Participating in BSC projects;
• Contributing to the development of short-term and long-term goals and objectives;
• Assisting customer agencies in resolving exceptions and processing issues;
• Assisting in special projects such as preparing training materials, maintaining databases, and preparing reports;
• Assisting with maintaining and updating the Business Service Center HR’s internal SharePoint site;
• Other projects as directed by Service Line managers.
Additional Comments The Business Services Center (BSC) was established in September 2012 to make Human Resources and Finance transaction processing consistent across New York State government agencies. Since its inception, the BSC has increased efficiencies and lowered costs across the state. The BSC supports advancement and frequently promotes their employees in consideration of their hard work and dedication to the Office of General Services-BSC core mission. If you are looking for growth opportunities in an agency that fosters individual staff development, we encourage you to apply to this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31ST Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.