16 Avis Drive
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service law.
If a viable eligible list does not exist, a provisional appointment may be made in accordance with Civil Service Law. Candidates who accept a provisional appointment must take the next competitive examination and be reachable on the resultant eligible list in order to be considered for permanent appointment to the position.
The minimum requirements for taking the Promotional examination are:
Must be a qualified employee of the New York State Department of Transportation or the New York State Thruway Authority and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Traffic Systems Technician 1 or Toll Electronic Systems Technician.
*Only the title or titles listed are qualifying.
Duties Description Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Diagnoses and repairs defects in electronic traffic signal control equipment.
• Disassembles and reassembles electronic parts.
• Removes and replaces failed electronic components.
• Performs quality assurance and acceptance tests and authorizes the return of equipment to the field.
• Uses various test software packages to diagnose operational problems based on traffic operation complaints.
• Evaluates new electronic traffic signal control equipment.
• Performs physical and electronic tests of new equipment and certifies equipment that meets division standards.
• Develops preventative maintenance procedures for equipment when not provided by manufacturer.
• Prepares reports on equipment needs and repairs.
• Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, 5h Floor