Swan Street Building, Room 321
Minimum Qualifications Appointments may be made using the following minimum qualifications:
1) Reachable on an appropriate Civil Service eligible list OR
2) Eligible for Transfer*
For appointment to a two-year traineeship leading to Senior Accountant, G-18:
1) Reachable on appropriate Civil Service eligible list OR
2) Eligible for Transfer.
In order to be appointed at the Trainee 1 level, equated to a G-14, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and have satisfactorily completed 24 semester credit hours in accounting/auditing from an accredited institution.
*To see if your title is eligible to transfer, please visit the following website: http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/title-search/index.cfm
Duties Description • Supervise a staff of 8 employees
• Assigns work and reviews completed work for accuracy and completeness.
• Evaluates employee performance by reviewing work, observation, and by comparing performance to a standard acceptable performance level
• Resolves accounting problems and answers questions from staff
• Trains or assists with the training of staff in the details and objective of the work
• Assists a higher level accountants in accounting activities/operations
• Prepare annual bank reconciliations to submit to the Office on the State Comptroller
• Tracking of monthly revenue and costs
• Answer phone calls and emails from various parties
• Point of contact for field offices pertaining to deposits and how to handle discrepancies
• Prepare monthly revenue reports for nearly $2 billion in annual revenue that are reported to the Office of the State Comptroller and the Division of Budget
• Prepare reports for outside entities
Additional Comments This is a 2 year traineeship that starts at a Grade 14 and ends at a Grade 18. Over the 2 year period you will be trained on all aspects of the position. After the 2 year training period you will be expected to supervise a staff of 8 employees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter (referencing the Vacancy ID noted at the top of this posting) indicating how you meet the qualifications for appointment, and a clear and concise resume to the contact name above. Candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify NYS employment history and transfer eligibility.