Minimum Qualifications *Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16
($50,722) and Geographic Pay Differential ($18,000) Geographic Pay Differential is
also added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16.
Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in the state of New York AND have one full year of full-time post licensure clinical nursing experience.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Nurse 2 or be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Nurse 2 ensures the medical/nursing needs of our individuals living in the community are met.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Ensures compliance with the Taconic DDSOO Policy/Procedures and regulatory requirements
• Completion of nursing procedures/tasks and nursing assessments
• Provides nursing care oversight, charts health status, transcribes physicians’ orders accurately, and ensures appropriate medication orders and follow up appointments are communicated within the IRA
• Serves as a member of the inter-disciplinary team
• Provides clinical supervision to LPN’s as well as nursing guidance to the Direct Support staff
Additional Comments You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume, to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER