Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
PROVISIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: One year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c service an Associate Director Human Resources 2 (Labor Relations) M-2; or Human Resources Specialist 3 (Labor Relations) M-1. The appointed candidate would have to take, pass and be reachable on the next holding of the examination to be appointed permanently.
52.6 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates with one year of permanent, contingent permanent or 55 b/c service in a title allocated to a Salary Grade 27/M-2 or higher and designated administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law may be eligible for transfer.
Consecutive transfers cannot result in an increase of more than one M-grade or two salary grades.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer is available through Civil Service GOT-IT at https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/.
• Strong leadership skills;
• Technical skills in discipline and grievance matters;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources 5, the incumbent has oversight of the Office of Employee Relations/Labor Relations Program. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Agency lead on disciplinary matters;
• Review and ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements (PEF, CSEA, NYSCOPBA and Council 82);
• Oversee the grievance process including assisting supervisors at step 1 and hearings at step 2;
• Coordinate and facilitate local labor management committees when necessary’
• Oversee statewide and local safety and health committees;
• Monitor Employee Organization Leave;
• Monitor agency EAP;
• Manage all aspects of the Employee Relations office including providing leadership to the team and developing staff;
• Provide quantitative data to the Deputy Commissioner for Administration and Chief Financial Officer on workload, accomplishments and strategic priorities;
• Work closely with Personnel, Equal Opportunity and Development and Counsel to address agency and employee concerns;
• Work closely with the various divisions to ensure good customer service
• Co-Chair labor/management committees statewide PEF, CSEA and NYSCOPBA
• Participate in negotiations with employee representatives on a variety of issues;
• Review and evaluate agency policies and changes in collective bargaining and agreements and assessing the impact of the implementation/changes of the policies
• Collaborate with the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations to respond to improper practices;
• Conduct Labor Relations training.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #91012 for which you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application.