State Office Campus, Building 12
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: Current New York State Employee with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as a grade 11 or higher determined to be similar by Civil Service.
70.4 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 11 or higher and who has passed the PCO or PATT exam and has a bachelor’s degree may be eligible for appointment. Candidates must not have failed the most recent PCO or PATT examination.
NOTE: For 70.1 and 70.4 transfers, a comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer and minimum qualifications are available through Civil Service GOT-IT: https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/.
55b/c: This position may be designated 55b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Please provide a copy of your 55b/55c letter when applying
• Must be able to read blueprints and have construction, leasing, or property management experience.
• Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES: As a Property Manager 1/Property Manager Trainee 1/2 in Administrative Finance/Property, the incumbent will perform the following duties, not limited to:
• Review, evaluate and develop requests, proposals, and justification of space and the improvement, addition, or alteration to existing premises.
• Confer with Department management on space requirements.
• Resolve problems arising from the conflicting needs of various offices.
• Prepare space layouts, plans and specifications, including needs such as telephones, electrical, storage, and personal program needs to serve the public.
• Evaluate layouts and office locations and requirements to determine economic feasibility.
• Prepare formal requests for the procurement of new space and/or the improvement, addition, or alteration of existing premises.
• Review and evaluate leases and agreements.
• Prepare procurement requests.
• Conduct on site-inspections of construction to ensure that work is in accord with plans and specifications.
• Investigate and adjust complaints relating to conditions or occupied premises.
• Receive, review, and process invoices relating to premises.
Additional Comments As this position requires travel, the appointee must have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State and have a motor vehicle or otherwise demonstrate their capacity to meet the transportation needs of the position.
Accepting 55b/55c candidates. Please provide 55b/55c letter when applying.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #91015 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.