50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications In order to be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Senior Transportation Analyst will be expected to manage a caseload comprised of FTA and/or State funded transit program grants, and as assigned, supervise staff who perform the following duties:
• Review applications received in response to grant solicitations against defined eligibility criteria; review funding, project and scopes for consistency with Federal, State, and programmatic rules and regulations;
• Ensure that findings, recommendations, and methodology are documented;
• Recommend changes in projects and policies as well as grant structure based on funding analysis;
• Perform routine mathematical operations and analyze and interpret data, including tables, data sets, and other statistical information;
• Attend hearings, conferences, and meetings and make presentations about transportation studies and issues;
• Direct the development, implementation, and maintenance of data inventory, collection, and analysis systems, including supporting documentation, based on user needs;
• Analyze project and program accomplishments related to specific transportation system goals and objectives;
• As needed, review and recommend approval of payment requests based on approved scope of work, provision of satisfactory documentation, and in relation to project milestone attainment, ensure the requests contain required documentation and information;
• Review grantee documentation for compliance with requirements, e.g. Requests for Proposals, contracts, leases;
• Manage FTA grants in TrAMs, FTA’s system of record, including grant-building, funding assignments, milestone monitoring and creation, and reporting;
• Respond to inquiries/correspondence from grant recipients regarding State and federal policy, NYSDOT programs, funding status, or other project specific information;
• Evaluate and/or score applications for funding, including requested projects, plans, and proposals for consistency with regional and statewide transportation plans and forecasts,
• Assess project alignment with program objectives, make recommendations for changes as applicable;
• Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures, and manuals in support of planning activities, reports and projects for internal and external use;
• Compile and review procurement, grant and contract documents;
• Summarize data, including manipulation of data and information, to show the effects of different or altered variables on funding, projects, plans, and proposal;
• Prepare findings for supervisors, including recommendations and alternatives, demonstrating the rationale for conclusions and recommendations in final formal; and,
As a working supervisor, the incumbent of the position will also supervise, and direct staff engaged in the described duties. The Senior Transportation Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that job performance expectations are met, including but not limited to mandatory training, and adherence to Department policies and procedures.
Responsibilities also may include participating within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 6-4
Notes on ApplyingPLEASE INCLUDE THE TITLE AND ITEM NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE WHEN RESPONDING.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than September 23rd, 2021.