Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or eligible for a 70.1 transfer or a 52.6 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title;
The 70.1 transfer appropriate title is an Associate Statistician, SG-23
Reachable on the appropriate eligible list in Albany.
Duties Description Duties include, but are not limited to:
• The incumbent will develop, maintain, and analyze data from various OTDA automated systems and other available data sources (such as Census products) to support OTDA’s public information, reporting, program performance, budget development (fiscal estimation) and policy analysis functions.
• Data file development, extraction, manipulation, and analysis of large data extracts using statistical and analysis packages;
• Developing and executing ad hoc and recurring reports designed to support federal audits, reporting, policy analysis and program evaluation;
• Analyzing and interpreting data in support of consideration of changes related to policies, procedures, and program improvements;
• Preparing tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results; and
• Preparing forecasts of factors related to and affecting the Child Support Program operations for use in strategic planning activities.
• Work with information technology and operational staff to maintain and enhance the data infrastructure and reports needed to support data analysis and reporting functions.
• Self-motivated, strong attention to detail, and committed to teamwork.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Additional Comments Conditions of Employment:
A full-time, permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Please be advised that all hires or transfers into this position must submit to mandatory fingerprinting and an associated background investigation, including state and national criminal history record checks, as well as a check with local law enforcement agencies where the applicant has lived, worked, and/or attended school within the last 5 years for any identified arrests, to ensure suitability for employment and/or continued employment. Candidates will not be required to pay the fees associated with mandatory fingerprinting. Depending on the nature of the job, the criminal convictions discovered, or any falsified or omitted information revealed, the investigative findings may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment.
Candidates should reference posting 21-121 when submitting your application.
If submitting electronically, please reference posting 21-121 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact OTDA's designee for reasonable accommodation at (518) 473-6364.