Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The incumbent will perform general activities in support of the Office of Construction as assigned, including, but not limited to:
• Perform paraprofessional support activities in personnel, budgeting, purchasing, administrative analysis, and/or general administration.
• Assist in the hiring process, which includes preparing job postings, canvassing, and coding Civil Service lists.
• Processing of Pre-Travel Authorizations.
• Monitor main phone line for and mailbox for Office of Construction.
• The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Candidates must be able to prioritize assignments and work independently on numerous tasks simultaneously.
• Other duties assigned and as needed.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to Regional and Statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 5-1