1450 Western Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Current permanent status as a Contract Management Specialist, G-18, with one year of permanent competitive service ~ OR ~ Eligible for transfer via Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 ~OR~ Reachable for appointment from the PCO eligible list ~OR~ Reachable for appointment at the trainee level from the PATT eligible list.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Contract Management Specialist 2, incumbent will complete duties that include but are not limited to:
• Assist staff in the MWBE Unit, as needed, including monitor the compliance of providers, contractors and consultants with the Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) participation goals established for OASAS contracts, ensuring compliance with various State and Federal laws. This will include, but is not limited to assisting Agency staff, prime providers, contractors, consultants and OASAS Project Managers in identifying NYS-certified MWBEs and SDVOBs and/or areas for sub-consultant participation; assisting providers with questions regarding preparation and implementation of utilization plans; reviewing formal vendor requests for waivers and exclusions and ensure submission is complete in accordance with Empire State Development’s Good Faith Effort guidelines; providing written notification of deficiencies, corrective actions required, and timeframes for resolution of issues; auditing payments made to MWBE and SDVOB subcontractors and suppliers listed on approved utilization plans.
• Assist staff in the MWBE unit, as needed, to ensure the appropriate submission of quarterly OASAS Workforce/Equal Employment Opportunity reports and MWBE and SDVOB Annual Goal Plans; recommend acceptance or rejection of changes to OASAS-approved consultant utilization plans to OASAS management; and assist with entering “Lock-in” contracts in the NYSCS.
• Assist with the development of grant Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Applications (RFA), and Single/Sole Source solicitations and associated contracts. This will include preparing bid specifications, ensuring inclusion of all required clauses and requirements, advertising in the Contract Reporter, responding to inquiries, reviewing bid submissions, and verifying responsiveness and responsibility of bidders.
• Compile related procurement forms, evaluation summary documents, award recommendations, procurement record packages and development and execution of contracts, execution of State Aid Funding Agreements, and execution of related amendments as they occur.
• Assist with the administration of grant contracts including coordinating contract execution and securing signatory approval from vendors and processing associated amendment to these grant contracts, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
• Evaluate the responsibility of the contractors prior to contract award by conducting and/or coordinating vendor responsibility and Grants Gateway prequalification certifications.
• Ensure that contracts are established in the Statewide Financial System and associated purchase orders are created.
• Assist with the development and updating of contract materials, reports and instructions, and policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments The salary range for this position is as follows:
Contract Management Specialist 1: $56,604 - $71,980
Contract Management Specialist Trainee 1 $42,986
Contract Management Specialist Trainee 2 $45,455
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue
Notes on ApplyingIf you are eligible for transfer and interested, please submit current resume and provide your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER for verification of transfer eligibility.
This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting.