Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as a Program Aide and interested in reassignment; OR New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status in a position allocated to a Grade 11 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law; OR reachable on the Program Aide eligible list.
Duties Description Under the direction of a Human Resources Specialist, the incumbent will ensure employee compliance with Time and Attendance rules and administer various leave programs. The Program Aide must be able to perform the following essential functions:
• Develop a thorough understanding of the Attendance and Leave Rules that govern NYS employees, act as agency liaison with the Business Services Center for Time and Attendance.
• Review various documents to determine entitlement and ensure compliance with all applicable rules for employees requesting a leave of absence, either with or without pay, including Family Medical Leave.
• Oversee the administration of certain salary continuation programs offered by the State including the leave donation program, the sick leave at half pay program, Military leave entitlement, Workers' Compensation program, etc.
• Administer health insurance benefits for Tax employees by completing transactions in NYBEAS and by communicating with the Employee Benefits Division at Civil Service.
• Research complex inquiries from employees, supervisors, managers, Union personnel, etc. regarding time and attendance issues utilizing a variety of resources.
• Communicate effectively via telephone, in writing and/or in person with a variety of staff and other agency personnel.
• Use and navigate computer systems; learn, maintain and update skills in computer technology.
• Multi-task and prioritize assignments; organize workload and files.
• Present information at employee orientation programs.
• Assist in the preparation, review, evaluation, and analysis of EBU inventory and performance metrics reports.
• Maintain confidentiality of information and exercise good judgment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume including current title and how you qualify. Please reference the Office of Human Resources Management, the vacancy ID number, and the title of this position in your response to this posting.