Minimum Qualifications Transfer opportunity open to qualified employees of New York State:
Candidate must be currently employed by NYS with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent service as an Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) OR be currently employed by NYS with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent service in a title at or above a SG-12 and be eligible to transfer to Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) under Section 70.1 of the NYS Civil Service Law.
• Business Office experience
• Knowledge of vouchers
• Knowledge of Statewide Financial System (SFS)
• Knowledge of State Finance Law
• Knowledge of Comptroller’s Rules and Regulations
• Knowledge of appropriation accounting
• Knowledge of bookkeeping principles
• Knowledge of the State Code of Accounts
Duties Description Serving as the principal office aide to the Director of Finance, the Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) will perform the following duties:
• Effectively audit and process vouchers and submit the vouchers to the Office of the State Comptroller.
• Posts required information from vouchers and invoices into the Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Keeps detailed accounting records as assigned.
• May prepare periodic reports on the status of funds.
• Works with mailroom staff to insure supplies are sufficiently stocked; orders new supplies, as required.
• Works as the lead person to review all inventory in the mailroom; establishes minimum level of inventory of office supplies required by the agency to address Regional and Central Office supply inventories.
• Monitors usage of supplies to insure an even distribution to various departments and Regional Offices; identifies departments and Regional Offices who have an excessive usage of supplies; maintains budget of supplies.
• Maintains petty cash account; responsible for disbursement of books.
• Performs routine office functions, including proper filing of printed reports and organization of shared workspace.
• May function in a supervisory capacity, if needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via e-mail at Info@goer.ny.gov