Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 2 (Stores/Mail); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 7 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with planning and assigning the daily workload.
• Assist with receiving and distributing materials, publications, and other promotional items.
• Assist with retrieving and delivering product for tenant agencies at offsite locations.
• Process distribution requests.
• Data enter and maintain accountability of warehouse items utilizing the inventory system.
• Perform support and clerical work such as Bill of Lading and document preparation, scheduling, tracking, and other related activities. Maintain accurate records.
• Operate material handling equipment and perform routine preventative maintenance.
• Proficiently utilize Microsoft Office Suite and various program specific applications.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid driver’s license issued by the NYS department of motor vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle may be required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum 45 pounds.
• Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Successful completion of OSHA forklift training and certification is required.
• Obtain and maintain certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
• May be required to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.