Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a Section 52.6 transfer
Non-competitive Promotion - If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at its discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. Candidates must be current New York State Department of Civil Service employees to apply for this position. To apply for this position, candidates must be current New York State Department of Civil Service employees and must have one year of competitive service as an Assistant Director Testing Services (M-5).
Duties Description Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner for Diversity, Inclusion & Merit Operations, the Director Testing Services has the following responsibilities:
• Broad oversight of employment testing programs for State and local governments, including overseeing the design, development and implementation of exam creation, policies/procedures regarding test administration, scoring, reporting and test security.
• Initiating and implementing change management within the Division.
• Collaborating on projects with the goal of maximizing the use of technology to create efficient processes in testing programs.
• Ensuring the work of the Division meets professional and legal standards and expectations for quality, quantity, and timeliness.
• Consulting with Department executive and other managers on Departmental policies, programs, and operations.
• Leading and/or serving on committees and project teams and completing special assignments as needed to support and realize the goals of the Division, Department, and State.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.