Minimum Qualifications Candidates must currently encumber a Developmental Assistant 2 position at OPWDD, OR
have permanent or contingent/permanent status as a Developmental Assistant 1 with one year of experience and eligible for promotion to Developmental Assistant 2, OR
be reachable for appointment from the Civil Service List.
OPERATIONAL NEEDS: Possession of a valid driver’s license and current certification in SCIP, CPR, First Aid, and AMAP are PREFERRED.
Duties Description The incumbent will perform a wide variety of functions and tasks in a community-based residence and have direct contact with developmentally disabled individuals, staff, and others who may interface with the individuals. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following: manage day to day operations of the residence; oversee staffing; manage petty cash and in-house individual funds; manage incident reporting and respond to crisis situations and medical emergencies by taking appropriate action; complete required monthly and quarterly reports; counsel subordinates regarding performance of job duties and evaluates their performance; order food and supplies for a group home; and may also assist with budgeting and staff training.
Additional Comments Please note:
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office