Swan Street Building
Minimum Qualifications There are several ways you may qualify for an appointment into this traineeship:
1. Current New York State employees, with one year of permanent service in a grade 11 or higher title eligible for transfer, or currently in a grade 13 position eligible for transfer under Section, 70.1, 52.6 or 70.4* of the Civil Service Law.
2.Immediately reachable on the PCO eligible lists.
*-Eligible for transfer under Section 70.4: Must meet the open competitive minimum qualifications - bachelor's degree and have a standing on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list.
The ideal candidate must have 1 year of experience in developing training materials and communication documents.
Duties Description The Change Management Office is seeking a qualified individual who will support and help develop the DMV Change Agent Network and assist with Organizational Change Management (OCM) for projects & initiatives.
• Work closely with the Change Management Director to continuously improve the functions and benefits of the Change Management Office
• Assist in developing the Change Agent Network and once established, lead the Network
• Assist in determining the tailored communication needs for each group within the Network relating to an upcoming project or initiative
• Assist in developing impact assessments, readiness assessments, communication plans, training plans, and stakeholder analysis for agency projects
• Assist with the coordination and implementation of all agency and County Clerk communication sessions (minor state-wide travel required)
• Interact with various offices, work closely with the Project Management Office and maintain a professional and assertive approach
• Update and maintain change control documents
• Provide regular updates to Change Management Director and escalate critical issues on a timely basis
• Periodically, report out to senior and executive management on the status of Change Management tasks
• May perform other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Preferred Qualifications:
• Understanding of DMV organizational structure and functions
• Strong skills in written communication, public speaking, and ability to represent peers without bias
• Highly self-motivated individual with proven ability to problem solve
• Experience as an active member in at least one DMV project team
• Strong organization skills, including detail orientation with strong follow up and follow-through skills
• Positive attitude and ability to influence others
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and WebEx
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter (referencing the Vacancy ID noted at the top of this posting) indicating how you meet the qualifications for appointment, and a clear and concise resume to the contact name above. Candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify NYS employment history and transfer eligibility.