Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Administrative Assistant 1 (formerly Secretary 1); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 6 and above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.*
Candidates must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title OR successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
• Provide administrative support for Workforce Development Office (i.e. manage calendars, answer phones, draft meeting agendas, print/copy/file).
• Act as the SLMS Administrator (create classes, complete rosters, mass enrollments for mandated training.)
• Schedule appointments and maintain shared calendars.
• Maintain integrity of files in shared drives.
• Create, distribute, and review surveys for WDO classes.
• Responsible for monitoring the OGSTraining mailbox.
• Draft correspondence, memos, and announcements.
• Manage conference room and training room scheduling.
• Additional WDO projects as needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.