Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Office Assistant 1;
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Office Assistant 1;
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 grades of targeted title).
4. Eligible for provisional appointment*
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates. To qualify for provisional appointment, you must have one year of permanent service in a clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 4 or higher.
Duties Description As an Office Assistant 1, you would perform entry-level clerical and office support work, including processing transactions and maintaining records, in a variety of organizational settings, to meet the requirements of agency programs. Examples of your duties may include keeping records; retrieving and compiling information; performing basic arithmetic calculations; mail, supply, and inventory functions; some keyboarding and other document preparation tasks; answering telephones; completing forms; answering questions or otherwise assisting customers; or creating or assisting in the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and tables.
The positions are in a business office environment with business related tasks. There is a possibility of being placed in one of the following Departments: Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Procurement, Auditing, Transportation, Cash Office, or Voucher.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer and direct phone calls to appropriate staff.
• Data entry
• Opening, logging in and distributing mail
• Scanning and copying various documents
• Other duties as assigned.
• Duties to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments Please reference the above EOA #21-110 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.