1450 Western Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Permanent status as an Addictions Program Specialist 3, G-25 and interested in reassignment; OR reachable for permanent appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for Addictions Program Specialist 3; or eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law (i.e., Addictions Program Specialist 2).
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Director of Housing Services, the incumbent has the overall responsibilities of managing the Housing Bureau and its Housing Associate staff. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as the head of the Housing Bureau, and act as the designated authority for the Bureau Director in selected areas and when indicated
• Supervise all statewide Housing Bureau staff
• Implement and manage new housing initiatives such as the Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative and OASAS’ Predevelopment grants
• Identify and disseminate best practices related to housing support services
• Coordinate and synchronize Upstate and Downstate supportive housing activities in order to meet Bureau mission and goals
• Identify and assist with the development of new revenue sources to support the expansion of permanent supportive housing throughout the state of New York
• Provide technical assistance, training, and PSH Housing presentations to other OASAS Bureaus.
• Interact independently and collaboratively with other OASAS Bureaus, and systems/organizations at the local, state, and national level as requested by Bureau Director
• Work with Bureau staff on priorities and/or special executive level projects
• Handle special assignments as directed by the Director of the Bureau, including attendance and participation in conferences, committees, internal and external meetings, training, and other tasks as required by the Director
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue
Notes on ApplyingIF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CURRENT RESUME AND COVER LETTER. IF ELIGIBLE FOR TRANSFER, PROVIDE SOCIAL SECURITY # FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES.
**If Current or Previous NYS Employee, please provide your social security number for verification of eligibility.**