Minimum Qualifications Must be reachable on current Office Assistant 2 Stores/Mail, SG-09 list or currently hold the
title Office Assistant 2 Stores/Mail, SG-09 or a title from which transfer is appropriate.
• New York State Driver’s License required.
• Ability to drive a forklift.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Office Assistant 2 mailroom clerk is responsible for all operations in the campus mailroom. This includes:
• Receiving, processing, sorting, and distribution of all campus faculty and staff mail.
• Inform and train campus community on changes in USPS guidelines and regulations
• Complete campus mailroom and vehicle recharges
• Cross train in shipping & receiving
• Monitor balances on the postage meter, bulk mail and business reply accounts and United States Postal Service (USPS) fees, and work with Business Office to ensure timely replenishment of balances.
• Serve as main contact with the USPS for the campus.
• Utilize USPS regulations and rates to determine cost effective solutions for campus mailings
• Supervise and train the student workers, mailroom volunteer, and support staff.
• Order supplies for the mailroom.
• Resolve bulk mail and business reply billing discrepancies with the local postal office and third party bulk mail vendors.
• Respond and resolve campus customer complaints
• Provide support and backup for Shipping and Receiving department
• Ensure the campus mailroom is compliant with USPS regulations
• Maintain various postal records and report chargeback information to the business office
• Utilize mailroom equipment
• Provide recommendations for mailroom process flow improvement
• Research all misdirected mail, forward or return mail following postal regulations
• Receive packages from the campus community for UPS, FedEx, DHL
• Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty and staff
• Able to lift heavy packages
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.